It is not the simplest task to organize your own home office, because it should respond to all your needs and requests and still look stylish. Home office furniture should have storage space, a working surface, and a seat- and all these should be comfortable and should correspond certain level of ergonomics. You shouldn’t meet any problems when you are speaking on the phone and what to get some paper you should write something on or your spine shouldn’t be in pain after eight hours of work.
And Furniture Direction understands all these moments very well and chooses furniture brands that think about future client’s comfort and practicality of the model. But also, of course, these designs represent all sophistication and elegance of the transitional and contemporary styles.
Home Office furniture elements
Home office sets are elaboarted for those who are not certain that they can harmonize all furniture elements in the room’s composition. They are created with the one visual idea that is felt through all the furniture pieces in details or in the color palette or in the chosen shapes.
Bookcases, desks, and chairs combined together to make your process of searching for appropriate furnishings much easier.
- Desks come in a wide variety of types that have a different historical origin or purpose for which they are used.
- Like computer desk is, of course, the best choice if you are working with the computer mostly.
- The writing desk has not so many storage places and a more minimalistic design and it can be perfect if you work with the laptop and don’t have many things to store.
- The executive desk is a perfect choice if you are looking for something more solid and with a more impressive image.
- And if you need even more storage places think about the credenza desk that has not only drawers but also shelves. This variant is appropriate for those who search more for storage because the top surface isn’t really large.
Filling cabinets are divided into:
- A horizontal file cabinet is one of the most common filling cabinets. It can accommodate different paper types and it still doesn’t take a lot of the room’s space.
- A vertical file cabinet features a construction that doesn’t take much floor space. Its elongated shape allows you to keep all your papers and supplies and economize home office space.
- The mobile file cabinet has wheels that allow you to transport it if you need.
- The flat file filling cabinet features low and wide construction, that allows you to keep a large number of documents.
There are a lot of specific features for each model but most of the designs can be divided in these types:
- Conference chairs have a construction that is slightly forward-leaning, that is made for the reason: the person is more engaged in the discussions.
- Ergonomic chairs have more adjustment points for a more individual approach for every person.
- The executive chair has a larger back and a more impressive image.
Bookcases can be divided into different types depending on their construction. There are bookcases with shelves and drawers and more open-type bookcases with just shelves. There are designs with the ladders that are a reference to old and massive bookcases but of course in the smaller version.
All bookcases represented on our site have this chic modern approach in the design and there can be some really interesting constructions.
Colors are a very important question in the home office aspect because they have a great influence on your mood and your productivity. If you stop your choice on the bright and saturated colors it will end up in your increased distraction and irritation. Such colors make your nervous system more sensitive and you become more easily distracted.
Soft colors are better for your productivity. If a smooth palette is in the cold nuances it will help to keep energy and to direct it in the most appropriate for you way. In a situation with warm colors, you will get tranquility and a sense of harmony. Combining both approaches will give you the best results, but contrast shouldn’t be very rough, it should be played on the nuances.
White, beige, and grey colors will add coziness, freshness, and calmness to your home office. These colors perfectly combine with each other and can become a good color solution for creating a work atmosphere in your cabinet.
Wenge and wood colors will add solidity and can help you to concentrate on the details.
Tips on choosing home office furniture
- Think firstly about your design project. Even if you plan to use a room’s corner it is important to consider furniture’s sizes and proportions in accordance with the space that you can use.
- Depending on your work and its requirements think properly about your desk’s size and type. If you work with a lot of documents or if you sew or draw for example for your work you, of course, will need a large top surface(140*70 will be appropriate). But if you work just with the laptop ordinary desk with an 80-90 cm top surface will be more appropriate.
- Always consider in what style your room is while you choose furniture for your home office. It is important for it not to create disharmony in the room ambiance, but on the contrary to become an essential element of the room’s composition.
- Think in advance about how much storage space you will need. Will be enough drawers on your desk, or maybe you will need the desk with the shelves? Or maybe even a filing cabinet or bookcase will be more appropriate for you?